UWSWMN Kindness Investment Program (KIP) Application
United Way of Southwest Minnesota (hereafter UWSWMN) now offers KIP Grants for up to $1000 to local groups for small-scale, community-level projects.
KIP Grant applications are accepted year-round. Local organizations may apply for funding. Nonprofit groups and organizations are welcome to apply.
KIP Grant Funding Criteria/Eligibility Requirements:
Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, a public school, a unit of government, OR have a fiscal sponsorship agreement with an organization that operates as a 501(c)(3) organization, a public school, or a unit of government.
- Alignment with at least one of the UWSWMN priority areas:
- Financial Stability
- Safety & Wellbeing
- The project must take place within the UWSWMN Service Area.
- A Final report on the use of funds is required.
- Must promote UWSWMN with press/social media or allow UWSWMN to promote the project.
- Submit event photos with the Final report.
- Funding will generally not be awarded for:
- Marketing efforts
- Event or fundraising promotions
- Capital campaigns or expenditures (i.e., land, building, real estate, vehicles, building upkeep, repair, or equipment)
- Funding for organizations that intend to distribute funds at their own discretion
- Debt reduction or program shortfall from earlier years
- Endowment funding
- Political campaigns or lobbying efforts
- Activities that support a specific religious purpose
- Professional development or training
- Programs that operate in a discriminatory manner
- Program work outside the UWSWMN service area
- Programs not demonstrating a strong local need
- Direct individual support
- Volunteer recruitment and recognition
- Staff positions at schools.
Once your application has been submitted for review, UWSWMN will contact you by email with updates or requests for additional information that might be needed.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact UWSWMN at 507-929-2273 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.