Planning for Stuff the Bus 2020 has begun!
Collection for Stuff the Bus will take place during the month of July. Supplies will be distributed to area schools on August 5, 2020.
Stuff the Bus means that students can create and learn to their full potential without the worry that they don't have the basic tools needed to reach their academic goals. Thank you to everyone that helps to make this initiative a success!
Stuff the Bus engages dozens of volunteers to collect, sort, pack and distribute supplies and backpacks to elementary, middle and high school students. Volunteering will look different this year due to COVID-19, but we will work to ensure everyone's safety.
Would you like to volunteer at this year's Stuff the Bus? CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP.
Slots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.
Thursday, July 30th:
- 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- 4-5 volunteers needed
- Count and organize supplies from collection boxes and barrels at UWSWMN office.
Tuesday, August 4th (Day Before):
6 volunteers needed
Moving supplies from UWSWMN office to National Guard Armory, vehicles will be needed. **This shift requires heavy lifting.
Wednesday, August 5th:
- Shift One - Sorting and Organizing Supplies - 9:00-10:30 a.m.- 8 volunteers needed
- Shift Two - Packing and Distributing Supplies - 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - 8 volunteers needed
- Shift Three - Loading Supplies in Vehicles - 12:30-2:30 p.m. - 8 volunteers needed **This shift requires heavy lifting.
Would you like to support Stuff the Bus?
- Cash or check donations can be mailed to United Way of SW MN, PO Box 41, Marshall, MN 56258 - note "Stuff the Bus" in the memo field.
- Credit card donations can be made through our secure online giving platform by clicking here.