Impactful. Supportive. Accomplished. These are some words that come to mind as I look back on 2019. United Way of Southwest Minnesota (UWSWMN) continues to make a difference in the lives of local people, of all ages, by investing in community partner programs and internal initiatives. We work together as a staff team, as a board, as a community, as southwest Minnesota, together, to help our home.
Without UWSWMN, local children would not receive school supplies to start the year off right, local senior citizens living in rural areas may not have access to nutritious meals, local victims of domestic abuse or a crime may not have access to safety, resources and assistance and local youth may not have the opportunity to participate in an after school enrichment program. These are just a few examples of how UWSWMN is making a difference in our service area.
Thank you to all of the individuals, businesses and schools that gave through individual contributions, corporate gifts and various fundraising events. Your donation makes a tremendous impact…perhaps even more than you expected! Every single donation made a difference. By contributing to UWSWMN, you took the opportunity to make a positive impact in your community, neighborhood or school.
We were unable to present the awards in person this year. Visit our website or Facebook page to view the special video we have created to express our gratitude of the continued support of UWSWMN.
Awards of Distinction:
- Spirit of Caring Award: North Star Mutual Insurance Company, Cottonwood
- Community Spirit Award: Hoffman & Brobst, Marshall
- Campaign Ambassador of the Year: North Star Mutual Insurance Company Team
- Live United Award: Ozzie Arzdorf, Kitchen Table Food Shelf of United Community Action Partnership, Marshall
Workplace Campaign Awards of Excellence:
- Inaugural Award: Ag Plus Cooperative.
- Outstanding Citizenship Award: Avera Marshall Region, BH Electronics, City of Marshall, Daktronics Inc., Great Western Bank, Royal Tire and Runnings.
- Bronze Award: North Star Mutual Insurance Company.
- Silver Award: Bank of the West.
- Gold Award: Bremer Bank, Great Western Bank, Marco, Minnwest Bank, Royal Tire and United Way of Southwest Minnesota.
Please visit our website at www.UnitedWaySWMN.org or find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to learn more and stay up to date on our current happenings.
Thank you for helping your home.