Live United Logo United Way Logo
United Way of Southwest Minnesota
Latest News
Congratulations to Bella Goschey and Audrey Hanson on their accomplishment. They are the first two children to graduate from the program in Clarkfield
Read more...
 
This year marks twelve years of student emergency grant funding made available to schools in the United Way of Southwest Minnesota service area. Each
Read more...
 
Thank you to everyone who donated food and/or monetary donations in support of the Stamp Out Hunger food drive. Letter carriers in this area, assisted
Read more...
 
Board and staff working together can either be exciting or frustrating and challenging. The secret is to provide Board Governance training for yo
Read more...
 
Area residents have an opportunity to help Stamp Out Hunger by donating non-perishable, non-breakable food items on Saturday, May 9th.  Letter Ca
Read more...

Your United Way

 

Community leaders came together in the early 1960's to form the Community Fund of Marshall with the purpose of more effectively meeting the needs of the people in the community.  In the late 1980's organization leaders recognized the benefits of networking with other similar organizations across the state and nation.

 

The decision was made to become a local United Way affiliate.  Your local United Way affiliate is a member of United Way of America and the Association of United Ways of Minnesota.  This does not diminish the local nature  of the organization, but actually strengthens it with improved resources, educational opportunities and access to vital services.   As a United Way affiliate, we pay less than 1% of funds raised to the United Way Worldwide.  That leaves 99% of our funds to be used locally!

 

United Way of Southwest Minnesota is an independent, local organization working to create lasting changes in people's lives and the communities of Lincoln, Lyon, Murray, Yellow Medicine and portions of Cottonwood, Lac qui Parle, Nobles and Redwood Counties of Minnesota.  This includes the towns of Arco, Avoca, Balaton, Boyd, Canby, Chandler, Clarkfield, Cottonwood, Currie, Dawson, Echo, Fulda, Garvin, Ghent, Granite Falls, Hanley Falls, Hendricks, Iona, Ivanhoe, Lake Benton, Lake Wilson, Lynd, Marshall, Milroy, Minneota, Porter, Russell, Ruthton, Slayton, Taunton, Tracy, Tyler, Walnut Grove, Westbrook and Wood Lake.

 

Map13.jpg 

 

 WHY GIVE TO UNITED WAY OF

 SOUTHWEST MINNESOTA - 

 

Local - 100% of your contribution goes to work for people living right here in Southwest Minnesota.

 

Accountable - Local volunteers determine how United Way of Southwest Minnesota resources are used and make sure that positive results are being achieved.

 

Signficant Impact - Every penny raised each year is invested into local programs focusing on education,income and health - the building blocks for a good quality of life and successful communities.

 

Comprehensive - United Way of Southwest Minnesota advances the common good by working with many partners to solve complex issues that one single agency cannot do alone.

 

Gets things done - United Way of Southwest Minnesota recruits people and organizations who bring the passion, expertise and resources needed to get things done.

 

 

How to LIVE UNITED.

Advancing the common good means creating opportunities for a better life for all.

 

  • When we reach out a hand to one, we influence the condition of all
  • We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, and when people have good health
  • These results and changes have benefits that ripple out to the community as a whole