2011 Power of the Purse
Sponsored by Women United for Early Childhood
The 4th annual Power of the Purse was held on Tuesday, May 3, 2011. It was a great evening that included: a silent auction of unique and extraordinary purses; delicious food; and a message of renewal - all in support of early literacy.
Our guest speaker was Elizabeth Hagen, author of Now is Your Time: The Steps to be Fearless and Extraordinary. Ms. Hagen's presentation was highlighted by several important points, including:
- Stopping the blame game and start taking active responsibility
- Shaking off the road blocks and watching your success soar
- Starting to enjoy the small moments and seeing your life have more meaning
- Standing out, not alone
- Shedding old rules
- Serving yourself first and you'll be in a better place to help others; and
- Surrounding yourself with supportive people
Proceeds from the event will support the work of Women United for Early Childhood, which works to make a difference by helping to equip families and caregivers with the tools needed so all the children in our area can be prepared to succeed when they start school.
Following are a few photographs from the event